Sunday, February 26, 2017

"I Want to be Like a Tree"

Today I am just going to share with you some BVs(Bible Verses), a song, and the lyrics to that song.

Psalm 1:1-3 (NIV)
"Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on His law day and night.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither--whatever they do prospers."

Jeremiah 17:8 (NIV)
"They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and it never fails to bear fruit."

Yes, I want to be like a tree.

Here are the lyrics to the song, "Tree" by Justin Rizzo:

"Unmovable, unshakable
Let my roots go down deep
Unmovable, unshakable
In You

I want to be like a tree
Planted by the streams
Of living water

This will be my song God
This will be my prayer
Until the end, until the end
In the midst of the coming storm
In the midst of the coming blessing
That my life, would be built upon the rock
That I would not be shaken
That I would not be moved"

Yes.

"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ"
(Eph. 1:2),
Amy

10 comments:

  1. Yeah!! You are a Studio C fan! I love Studio C. What are your favorite episodes?

    Psalm 1 is beautiful. I have it somewhat memorized. Your post reminds me of the song "I Shall Not Be Moved." Nice to meet you here in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm...I like these episodes: "Aww Yeah", the tounge twister ones, "Prop Switch", "Lobster Bisque" and just sooooo many more! I might have to do a post on it someday! Not many are coming to my mind, to be honest. But I love Studio C!
      Thanks,
      Amy

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post, Amy!! I wasn't familiar with that song, but it's great :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this Amy! I once copied Tolkien's quote "Deep roots are not reached by the frost." into the front of a journal to remind me of Jeremiah 17:8!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to look that up someday!
      God bless,
      Amy

      Delete
  4. I want to be a tree, too, Amy. I think you are a young tree. Keep reaching to Jesus so that you will grow tall and strong yet flexible enough to withstand life's strong storms.
    Love,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...