Sunday, December 4, 2016

Welcome December! // My Christmas Bucket List!


Welcome December! Yeah!
I am sooo happy Christmas season is finally here!

I hope that this winter we get snow—a lot of it! Where I am in Missouri doesn't get much snow. The weather hasn't quite been the same for the last 3 years. Right now no snow, but hopefully soon!

So I have hopes this winter! My mom, Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage, has published her bucket lists for Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Christmas. So I have decided to my own bucket list for December!
Here it is!

Amy's Winter Bucket List
1. Experience constant snow!

2. See my friend who lives 4(ish) hours away.

3. Have my After Christmas Party

4. Drink cocoa and watch a Christmas movie

5. Festively paint my nails (I don't do it very often) ~smile~

6. Make Swedish Cardamom Buns

7. Receive a Christmas Card!

8. Read Faith of Chosen Vessels' future post about her family's Christmas Tree farm. (Faith--reminder! ~smile~)

9. Participate in the 12 Days of Christmas blog series by Faith. Click here to join the blog series this winter! You can if you have a blog!

10. Drink some eggnog while writing a story.

11. Drink some apple cider while writing a story.

12. Drink some hot chocolate while writing a story.

13. Take Christmasy pictures, and put some on my blogs.

14. Write both the Thanksgiving and Christmas parts of my WWII story I am writing.

15. Put up the Christmas tree with my family!

16. Decorate for Christmas!

17. Decide whether to put my small Christmas tree up in my room, and if I do, then set it up and decorate it. Should I, guys?

18. Wrap up some Christmas gifts and put them under the tree.

19. Watch at least 3 new Christmas movies.


20. Write consistently this month. Journaling, blogging, and story & poetry writing.

21. Make sugar cut-out cookies

22. Play some more Christmas songs on the piano.

23. Learn a new Christmas song. Mele Kalikimaka!

Do you share any of my hopes? Does anybody just want to dream? I do.
Christmas is such wonderful holiday, even though it can get crazy with everything going on--and man, it goes by fast! So this year, I want to slow down and enjoy it. Relax, and cherish it.
Do you agree?
I would love to have a conversation with you. All you have to do is either comment, or contact me via the contact form on the side of this blog.

And a sneak peak into my 12 Days of Christmas blog series posts!
Drum roll....

This is my plan! Now, I have a question for YOU (whoever reads this besides me) Do you have ideas on subjects to write on? The series starts on December 14th, so if you want to participate (you pick what you do), or read the posts, or both, we'd love if you joined us! For more info, click here.

Have a wonderful life! God bless, heal, and help you and your family in every way.
-Amy




Art of Homemaking
Modest Mom

7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the 12 Stories of Christmas. Ask me, I have an old one that is wonderful that you can share if you'd like.

    You have a wonderful list. I see we like some of the same things.
    Let's have some fun this December!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but the story idea has been changed to the study of different cultures and how they celebrate the Christmas season.

      Delete
    2. No problem. Perhaps I can offer you some cider while you write or we can make some sugar cookies?

      Delete
  2. Good list! Have a great Christmas!

    God bless,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bucket list, Amy! Hope you get to do it all. :) This was such a great post!! Oh, and thanks for the reminder (#8)! That post went up on my blog this morning, actually... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Faith. I'll have to read that post!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...