I am sooo happy Christmas season is finally here!
I hope that this winter we get snow—a lot of it! Where I am in Missouri doesn't get much snow. The weather hasn't quite been the same for the last 3 years. Right now no snow, but hopefully soon!
So I have hopes this winter! My mom, Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage, has published her bucket lists for Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Christmas. So I have decided to my own bucket list for December!
Here it is!
Amy's Winter Bucket List
1. Experience constant snow!
2. See my friend who lives 4(ish) hours away.
3. Have my After Christmas Party
4. Drink cocoa and watch a Christmas movie
5. Festively paint my nails (I don't do it very often) ~smile~
6. Make Swedish Cardamom Buns
7. Receive a Christmas Card!
8. Read Faith of Chosen Vessels' future post about her family's Christmas Tree farm. (Faith--reminder! ~smile~)
9. Participate in the 12 Days of Christmas blog series by Faith. Click here to join the blog series this winter! You can if you have a blog!
10. Drink some eggnog while writing a story.
11. Drink some apple cider while writing a story.
12. Drink some hot chocolate while writing a story.
13. Take Christmasy pictures, and put some on my blogs.
14. Write both the Thanksgiving and Christmas parts of my WWII story I am writing.
15. Put up the Christmas tree with my family!
16. Decorate for Christmas!
17. Decide whether to put my small Christmas tree up in my room, and if I do, then set it up and decorate it. Should I, guys?
18. Wrap up some Christmas gifts and put them under the tree.
19. Watch at least 3 new Christmas movies.
20. Write consistently this month. Journaling, blogging, and story & poetry writing.
21. Make sugar cut-out cookies
22. Play some more Christmas songs on the piano.
Do you share any of my hopes? Does anybody just want to dream? I do.
Christmas is such wonderful holiday, even though it can get crazy with everything going on--and man, it goes by fast! So this year, I want to slow down and enjoy it. Relax, and cherish it.
Do you agree?
I would love to have a conversation with you. All you have to do is either comment, or contact me via the contact form on the side of this blog.
And a sneak peak into my 12 Days of Christmas blog series posts!
Have a wonderful life! God bless, heal, and help you and your family in every way.
Art of Homemaking