Wednesday, December 21, 2016

The 12 Cultures of Christmas // Poland


Wesołych Świąt!

Merry Christmas!
Not my picture, click for source.
Merry Christmas everyone! And welcome to another culture of Christmas! Today we will be looking at Poland!
Not my picture, click for source.
 Pictures...
Not my picture, click for source.

































 Not my picture, click for source.









Foods...
Christmas dinner is 12 courses long! Each course is meant to represent and bless months of the new year. And then, another thing I read said that it is suppose to "honor...the 12 apostles."*
Not my picture, click for source.











Do you live in Poland? What do you eat?

Or have any of you readers tried or eaten any Polish food? What was it?
Did you enjoy it?

Polish Mushroom soup with barley.
 Not my picture, click for source.



















KUTIA.
Not my picture, click for source.





















Polish gingerbread, Pierniczki.
Not my picture, click for source.








Yeah, it's definitely a true smorgasbord....or in Polish it would be a true uczta!
Uczta: Feast.
UCZTA! Not my picture, click for source.




















Not my picture, click for source.

Polish Christmas Traditions...

St. Nicolas Day, December 6.
St. Nicholas Day is celebrated with giving gifts to children, and the arrival of Saint Nicolas, or gifts left under children's pillows as they sleep. If you would like to know more about St. Nicholas Day in Poland, click here.
Please note that my faith is not with these traditions, and I do not necessarily believe in them. I also do not celebrate this holiday personally.

This pin tells about some traditions also.
NOT my picture, click for pinned source.

Not my picture, click for source.

















In Poland, family Christmas trees are mainly decorated with homemade ornaments and is not undecorated until the 2nd day of February, which is the feast of Saint Mary.*




Just like in Sweden, Poland puts candles in their windows at Christmastime to light the way for the Christ child.
Not my picture, click for source.
Don't forget to check out my Pinterest board: Poland.

Thanks everyone for tuning in! The next country will be the CZECH REPUBLIC.
Not my picture, click for source.

Resources:
Google Translator (I copied some translation from it and used it in my picture and post).
The wonderful Pinterest! All those used pictures are indicated with a link to pinned source.
Christmas in Poland: Mrs. Beattie's Classroom.
St. Nicholas Day: St. Nicholas Center.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!

    It looks like an ideallic place to live. I wonder what it's like these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your pictures and facts are great, girlie! :) The kutia looks good... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...