Saturday, December 17, 2016

The 12 Cultures of Christmas // JAPAN

Merry Christmas!
メリークリスマス  (Merīkurisumasu).

I invite you to join me in learning a little about the Christmas season in the country of Japan. Are you from Japan? If so, what kind of things do you do for Christmas?
Not my picture, click for source.
In Japan, Christmas is not recognized as a "national holiday"*, and it also is not celebrated as religion being a main point. Christianity is banned in Japan, therefore many japanese people don't celebrate His birth.

However, Christmas Eve is celebrated even more than Christmas Day in Japan, and restaurants are usually packed with customers, for the holiday also celebrates romance, as well as bringing happiness.

And if you are still in school(yup, and probably all you scholarly people ~smile~), you would be going to school on Christmas day! Oh well for Christmas break, I guess, but it makes sense, since the holiday is not national. Just like we would go to school on President's Day.
Not my picture, click for source.

Things I like...
Not my picture, click for source.

Not my picture, click for source.














A Surprisingly Common Christmas Food...
FRIED CHICKEN! Seriously! :)

Not my picture, click for source.
Not my picture, click for source.

And don't forget the Japanese Light Festival!
Not my picture, click for source.
Not my picture, click for source.












The Japanese light festival is held in Kuwana City, and goes on November-March! This would be something that would be AWESOME to see!


Not my picture, click for source.
Not my picture, click for source.

Not my picture, click for source.



Not my picture, click for source.















Thanks everyone! Tune in next time!


Resources:
PINTEREST(all used pictures are indicated as not my picture underneath).
*Japan Christmas: Why Christmas.
Japanese Light Festival: The World Festival.




Art of Homemaking

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Seneca! Merry Christmas! I like your blog post about warm drinks!

      Delete
  2. Wow it's so interesting to see how others celebrate Holidays, Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, Amy! So fun! The light festival looks really pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! I agree about the light festival! It looks pretty!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...