Thursday, December 22, 2016

The 12 Cultures of Christmas // ENGLAND

Merry Christmas!
Pictures...
Not my picture, click for source.
Not my picture, click for source.
Not my picture, click for source.

This definitely looks Christmasy! I wish we had a ton of snow here in Missouri, America, right now!

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.... Okay, I know, let's get back to England....
Not my picture, click for source.
Not my picture, click for source.

Not my picture, click for source.
Do you live in England? Have you ever been to/lived in England? What's it like for you at Christmas time? Just comment below and I'll reply!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For all you history lovers:
Not my picture, click for source.


Not my picture, click for source.









Alright, in 1914, World War I, Germany and Britain(England) had a Christmas truce, and troops from either side came out into the no-man's-land in between the trenches where they fought, and gave gifts, played, celebrated Christmas, etc. Well, this video is actually a chocolate commercial, but it captures this scene in a very epic way. It really is an awesome video, and I definitely recommend it.

Playing ball; Christmas truce.
Not my picture, click for source.

And just so you know, there is also a behind the scenes video, that I'm sure you can probably find on Youtube.

Also, the truce began when the song Silent Night was being sung....
Silent night, holy night,
All is calm, all is bright....
--------------------------------------------------------

Food...
Not my picture, click for source.
Not my picture, click for source.






Yorkshire pudding. I think I'd like to try this sometime.
Not my picture, click for source.
Turkey.
Not my picture, click for source.


CRANBERRY SAUCE! I love this stuff!
Not my picture, click for source.

















Christmas Pudding.
Not my picture, click for source.


Chestnut Soup.
Not my picture, click for source.














What was the tastiest looking dish to you?
I think the most tastiest looking to me out of all these, at least right now, is the cranberry sauce or the Yorkshire puddings.
Based on WWII, I believe.
Not my picture, click for source.


Thanks for tuning in, everyone! Come back tomorrow for more posts!


Resources:
Pinterest, and various other sites.

3 comments:

  1. You said you were interested in Christmas in England. This lady has a blog. Here's her post about Stir Up Sunday and making her Christmas pudding.
    http://ivyphyllisandme.blogspot.com/2016/11/stir-it-up-sunday-traditional-christmas.html

    Blessings,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Amy! :D Yes, the Christmas truce!! Such a wonderful story :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...