Saturday, December 31, 2016

Different...Differently.

As we head into the new year of 2017, we should consider what our new year should look like.
But instead of trying to have us make a whole bunch of resolutions, I just want to have you ask yourself these questions. And trust me, I will be ask myself these questions also. Some questions are meant for younger people, though, just so you know.

Before we begin, I want you to know that you don't have to give an exact answer to these in your mind right now, but if you can answer them with any sort of answer, great! But know that you don't have to figure everything out right now.
Life's like that I guess, too. You don't always have to figure everything out immediately.

And if you don't want to read/answer these questions, please read what I wrote after them, as I continue with this post.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How can I move forward in my life this year?
How can I better my resume/experiences/knowledge this year?
How can I move towards my dreams and/or dream job(s) (Or general area of jobs being considered)?

What can I do for God this year?

What can I do to better myself?

What can I do to better myself for God's plan for my life?
(We can never know what God will do with our life, but we—especially us kids, teens, and younger adults—need to ready ourselves for God's work in us and through us...even if we don't know what we're doing!)

What are two things that I need/want to change about my thinking habits?
Is there something God would want me to change?

What are two things that I need/want to change about my actions/habits/self?
What are two things that God would want me to change about my actions/habits/self?

Do I need to change or refine my habits/thoughts/self in any catagories of my life?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's all, friends, on the questions. I hope that 2017 will be the start of something new for us. SOMETHING BIGGER THAN 2016, and something BETTER than 2016.
Remember this: God can build you up even more in this new year, "taller" than you have ever been, and stronger than you ever have been before, USING THE OLD as a foundation for the NEW in your life.

As you step into 2017, take a different step. Different than any other new year. And do it DIFFERENTLY.

God has called us to be different. Not normal. Plus, there is no such thing as normal, anyway☺. We are all different. But what it means is that instead of going with the flow on everything, stand up and be different than everyone expects/wants/thinks you to be. Stand up in faith, purity, love, morality, kindness, truth, what you allow yourself to be affected by, etc.

That kind of different is good.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Years! That kind of different is very good. We're called to be a "peculiar people" after all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, thank you! We are called to be a peculiar people!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...