Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The '40's on Tuesday // #4 // Hats!

Not my picture. Click for source.
Something big back then: hats!

So today we will discuss some hats. But first, I had a question about the martial law that I spoke of in my last '40's post, and I might actually do another on just that--the Hawaiian martial law of 1941-1944, so we can discuss it in more detail-- I will have to learn more about it to do so!
When I put it in my blog post I had been piecing around for things to put in the post.
(By the way, I would love some suggestions for things to post on!)

But enough said about that; let's talk hats!

Alright.
Hats were a big deal...part of most nice outfits from what I can tell. But just like there are not just a couple kinds of cell phones, hats varied in styles, shapes, sizes, and colors.

So I'll share some....
The pictures are not mine except the two pictures above the last picture. Click links for sources. I got most off Pinterest.
P.S. If you notice anything inaccurate, I would love your feedback. I just found these pictures online.



Not my picture. Click for source.

There were the Turban hats....
Not my picture. Click for source.
The Snoods (Hair nets pretty much)....
Not my picture. Click for source.
Not my picture. Click for source.
Not my picture. Click for source.
The slouchy hats (I think it is a bouquet turban? But I am not sure!)....
Not my picture. Click for source.
Toque Hat....
Not my picture. Click for source.

And men's hats, too....
Not my picture. Click for source.

And MANY more varieties....
Not my picture. Click for source.
Also, these are from a crochet book published in 1939 (pictures are ours):
























And let us not forget one kind of hat that played a part in keeping some of our boys safe during the war... the helmet.
Not my picture. Click for source.

Suggestions? Comments? Things for me to write about?
Please let me know in the comments below!
Have a nice day, and God bless you.





4 comments:

  1. Love 'em all. However, several I wouldn't want to wear. I think the slouchy was more common as I have several - they seem easier to find. Some of the more extraordinary ones might have been for the elite (just my guess as a shopper. I wasn't there.) Love hats, mild addict:) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree: I wouldn't want to wear them all either. That is cool that you have some of those "slouchy" hats! Thanks for the feedback!
      You have a great day also, and God bless you.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this post, Amy! All the vintage hats are so cool. :) The 'slouchy hats' were probably my favorite. And the helmet! Great way to wind-up to post. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faith. I love the picture of the lady in the purple outfit! I like the slouchy hats, also.
      Thanks.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...