Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July! Please read this post.

I ask you to take 12 minutes to watch this video. If you are an American, you really should watch it. I actually didn't know the complete story of the National Anthem. I knew that Francis Scott Key wrote it while watching Fort Henry getting attacked and how the flag still stood. But past that, I didn't actually know all of this. I may have heard it in the past, but I probably forgot it. Anyway, you really should watch this video.

In this video, the narrator brought up a quote from George Washington:
"The great thing about the American Christian is that he would rather die on his feet than live on his knees."
(Now isn't this a powerful point considering what happened with those American troops who were forced on their knees? But in spite of what happened there, I believe this quote is true! Also, I would like to thank our troops—thank you!)

"Freedom does not come without a price. We may sometimes take for granted the many liberties we enjoy in America, but they have all been earned through the ultimate sacrifice paid by so many of the members of our armed forces."
-Charlie Dent
(And also by the other people, who are not military, who have done their parts, big or small, to help this country still stand. And whether alive or not, I say thank you.)


I believe in F.R.E.E.D.O.M. and I want to thank every person who has made that possible, whether dead or alive. Even if some people disrespect those people, true Americans shouldn't, and hopefully, most of us don't. I know I don't.


As Harry S. Truman said, "America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
To all of the Americans out there reading this...let's be those Americans! Let's be those Christian Americans who stand up for this country, even if we are youth. Let's not take our freedom for granted, for a lot of us do, whether we realize it or not. Be thankful for our freedom, and continue fighting for it, even if all you can do is believe in it. For no matter who you are, there will probably come a time where you can do something about it. If nothing else, we have voting! That is standing up for our country, even though whoever we are voting for may not be our ideal choice. Thing is, voting is our voice in who will lead our country—hopefully to a better reality. And to those youth like me, we can still stand up for America in our beliefs, in our speech, and in our actions, and lives.

God bless America! And I pray that we will be a nation who turns to God, right now! Amen!

"14 If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 15 Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to prayer made in this place. 16 For now I have chosen and sanctified this house, that My name may be there forever; and My eyes and My heart will be there perpetually." -2 Chronicles 7:14-16

"I look forward to a great future for America—a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose." —John F. Kennedy


Also, here is a great patriotic song melody. You should watch this, also, if you have time!

Quotes found on http://www.brainyquote.com/ and http://www.mountvernon.org/digital-encyclopedia/article/spurious-quotations/. I also used https://pixabay.com/ for the American flag picture in the quote picture, and https://picmonkey.com/ for the editing, and designing. And I got the verse from https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20Chronicles+7.  *And the [*] that I added was there because there needed to be a space, and there was not.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Great post, Amy. :) It's obvious you're a true patriot who cares and concerns for our country.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...