Tuesday, February 23, 2016

God is Good ALL THE TIME! Verse of the Week #51.

Like this post? Go ahead and pin it, if you want!
Hello. I would like to share with you today one of my favorite Bible verses. I found it in Isaiah 43, which mind you, is a really good chapter. I recommend you reading it. You just might find a verse that sticks out to you, too. How has your last week been? On Sunday I found out that we are not going to Teen Talent this year. ): I probably would have been a lot sadder if David (the youth pastor) hadn't decided to let us learn the group dance that I mostly made up, as a special maybe on Palm Sunday. Or something.
But God is good. I guess that by still doing the group dance, He comforted me, and yes; I am disappointed, but for some reason...I am more okay with it now than I thought I would be. God is awesome, and He is definitely the God of peace! (Romans 8:28--another one of my favorites--"For we know all things work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purpose." )
Even though I don't get to go this year, it's okay. I don't mean to ramble on about this, I just see the hand of God in it, because there are other things that He has given me opportunities to do soon. First of all, I got to get together with a graphic designer from our church, and hopefully we can do it again. I might be joining a photography club type thing in 4-H, and I might get to help take pictures for the photo booth, I think, for a ladies conference at our church.
I was going to do a dance solo for Teen Talent, so I may just do it for our church...maybe. I was a bit disappointed that I won't get to go, but not anymore, really. Now that's God! Because I was really wanting to go this year. Anyway, has anything big happened to you last week, or Sunday/Monday? Are you going to do something out of the normal this week? Tell me in the comments!

Now for the verse!  Drum roll....
(God is the one speaking in this verse.)
Isaiah 43:18-19
"Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth, shall you not know it?  I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."

Forget the stuff you've messed up. Don't think on it.
God will do a new thing. Are you going to ignore it?
For you--He "-will make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."
Nothing is impossible with God.
And trust me, I am talking to myself just as much as you. Over all, I need God to help me with stuff just as much as any other person. I may know this stuff to be true, or figure it out, or even just talk about it, but I still am learning it. I am still learning it. If this is for you today, I am glad. I know that this is something that is helping me, and I hope it helps you.
Have a wonderful week everyone!
And remember--God is our savior! For He "-will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."
Oh! And remember to enter The Crystal Doorknob Writing Challenge, before it's too late!




Tuesday
Tuesdays at Our Home Tuesday Talk Roses of Inspiration Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays - Titus 2 Tuesdays -  Titus 2sdays - Tuesdays with a Twist  

Wednesday

 Wholehearted Wednesdays     A Little R & R Raising Homemakers - A Wise Woman Builds Her Home - {Not Just} Homemaking Party 





2 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm sorry you aren't getting to go to Teen Talent this year. But that's wonderful that you've had lots of other great, exciting opportunities with things you enjoy recently. :)
    I love that verse! Thank you for sharing from your heart, Amy. One of my favorite verses is from Isaiah as well, Isaiah 40:31. :)

    I enjoyed reading your post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Amy, thank you for sharing this precious verse from God's Word. This post was truly a blessing.

    And thank you for sharing with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs and joy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...