Tuesday, January 5, 2016

HAVE FAITH, NOT FEAR. Verse of the Week #44

2 Timothy 1:7
"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and self-disipline."

Timidity: (definition)
 The noun timidity is related to the Latin word timidus, from timere,meaning “to fear.” In fact, fear is often a cause of timidity — fear of the unknown, fear of not knowing what to do.

Power: (definition)
"Ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something.Great or marked ability to do or act; strength; might; force....The possession of control or command over others; authority; ascendancy:"

Self-Disipline: (definition)
"Discipline and training of oneself, usually for improvement."

Is there something you're afraid of? Or is difficult and menacing? Or even tormenting sometimes?
When something like that comes up, even if it is a problem in your mindset, say "NO!". Set your mind on things above! Yes, you may of heard this before, and you might think it doesn't work. Or maybe you have tried it, and it still seems like it's just a word. 
Here's the truth.
It's just a word.
There is no special powers you gain when you say, "no."
Now you may be thinking, "See, even Amy agrees with me! I told you so." Hold on! Listen to the rest, friend! That is NOT the end of this.
As I said, there is no specialness in the word No.  It is the authority you have in it. But it will never work, and I know this from personal experience, if you only say it with your authority. You see, it only works if you do these things:
1. Claim the power and authority that GOD GIVES. Not just your authority, though you have to have that too, determination.
2. Have faith. Without faith, power is useless. Even if you have an army. You will never win the battle (which God has already won, you just have to realize it and remind satan that God already won, making you win.) without faith. Faith. Faith. Faith!
And remember this truth that my Mom just reminded me of, saying, "No, in the Name of Jesus!" is even stronger.

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Luke 1:37
"With God, all things are possible."

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Great post, Amy!!! You've really gotten me to thinking. :)
    Thanks for sharing and I love that saying from your Mom. ;)

    Beautiful blog header and background by the way! It's so cute and blue and wintry!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You should visit my Mom's blog: http://harvestlanecottage.com
      It is definitely my favorite setup ever!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Amy! I wanted to let you know that I started and nominated you for a tag. I call it the "Earliest Memories Tag." I would love it if you participated! Here is the link to my post that has the questions: http://bethanyr4him.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-earliest-memories.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...