Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Flower Withers

Isaiah 40:7-8
"All people are like grass and their faithfulness like the flowers of the field. The grass withers and the flowers fall, because the breath of the Lord blows on them. Surely people are like grass. The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord endures forever."

I really like this verse.
We as people can't do everything. We are weak, and we are also like grass. We are only here for a little while. So even though we are weak, the Lord is strong.
Some of us are what some people call compassionate; we want every soul to reach God, and we are sad at the loss of one soul. We even cry sometimes about this.
I know I do.
But we can't reach everyone. God knows this, but He is proud that we try. So don't feel bad if you do not stop and talk to every needing person. Yet again, this is great compassion.
When you find yourself like this, pray for them. We can't reach everyone, but we can shoot a prayer up to God's ear in their concern. Sometimes when I just feel like I want to bring the whole world to God, I have to remind God (but mostly myself honestly) that I am just one person—one fourteen year old girl. I can't do it all.

So if you are the person like me, who wants to do everything. STOP. Remind yourself that you as a person cannot do it all. You have to leave all your concerns in God's hands because He can do it all. Prayer is a wonderful thing to do.


1 comment:

  1. Wow. Thanks, Amy. Your post always uplift my spirit, inspire me, and make my day glorious! :) Lovely verse!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...