Sunday, August 30, 2015

Verse of the Week #28

Hello friends,
I have decided that I am going to start sharing verses from 1st Peter each week. First and Second Peter are probably my current favorite books in the Bible; and I feel like it will be good for us all to hear from these books.

1 Peter 1:1-5
"Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to God's elect, exiles scattered throughout the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with His blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

Praise be to God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time."


1 comment:

  1. 'sprinkled with His blood'....wow. Great verse like always, Amy. :) Thanks for brightening my day!
    My favorite verse is in 1 Peter. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...