Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Some Things Take Practice

Not everything is immediate. I know this from personal experience, and you probably know too.
No matter what you are going through right now (this is for you, you aren't reading this by mistake), Jesus will help. Yes, it hurts. I would like to share a example from C. S. Lewis's The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader. 
©2015 Amy Lane Photography

Eustice had been turned into a dragon, and now wants to be a boy again. So Aslan tells him to go bathe, but to take off his clothes first. Eustice knows he had none, just the scaly skin of a dragon. So he peels off the skin and goes to the stream. He looks down and notices that he has another layer of skin. He scratches and scratches skins off but he can never get out of it.

      "I scratched away for the third time and got off a third skin, just like the two others, and stepped out of it. But as soon as I looked at myself in the water I knew it had been no good.

The the lion said- but I don't know if it spoke - 'You will have to let me undress you.' I was afraid of his claws, I can tell you, but I was pretty nearly desperate now. So I just lay flat down on my back to let him do it. 

The very first tear he made was do deep that I thought it had gone right into my heart. And when he began pulling the skin off, it hurt worse than anything I've ever felt. The only thing that made me able to bear it was just the pleasure of feeling the stuff peel off....Well, he peeled the beastly stuff right off - just as I thought I'd done it myself the other three times, only they hadn't hurt - and there it was lying on the grass....Then he caught hold of me....and threw me into the water....I found that all the pain had gone from my arm. And then I saw why. I'd turned into a boy again....After a bit the lion took me out and dressed me...in new clothes..."

So what you are going through is going to be hard to get out of. And really we can't by ourselves because, just like Eustace, we keep finding another layer of it once we get rid of the last one. So we have to wait for Jesus (Aslan) to help us. Sometimes getting rid of something in your life, mind, or emotions, will take a long time. Maybe even a couple years. But in the end it is worth it. Really, it shouldn't take so long if you give it up. If you give it up.
It is hard and subconsciously we can hold on when we thought we let go. This helps the enemy keep in your life. So stop it! Let go. Just stop holding onto your problem. Put it in God's hands. Ask Him to take care of it, because He will.
This is something you could pray if you don't know how to pray for this thing in your life.

"God, You know my life and how_______________________has been bothering me for a long time. I admit I have tried to do it alone at times and I never could. I am sorry for that and I know now I need your help. So will you take care of my problem? I am done with it. I refuse to go longer with this burden of_____________.
I lay it in your hands now. I am done with it, so please take care of it because it is not mine anymore.
Thank you God."
Amen! Do you feel better? I certainly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...