Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Verse of the Week #20 Light Overcomes Darkness

"The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has never (and can never) overcome it."
-John 1:5
The bold italic text was inserted by me.

This means the same as: God shines in the darkness and Evil can never overcome Him, because God has overcome the world. You know?
John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

The Bible can use a lot of examples and metaphores, but also straight out honestly speaking. Therefore you have to look between the lines. This is something the Holy Spirit can do for you. Ask Him to help you read between and find true meanings and other things the verse will work for.
Personally this verse gave me encouragement--knowing that darkness can always be defeated by light. Scientifically speaking also.
If you want to there is a declaration below that I wrote to our problems, and you are free to use it if you wish.
"Dear ____________(problem),
        Light will always, always overcome darkness. You cannot mess with me because God has overcome the world and as a daughter (or son) of God, I have authority to claim that in His name. If you want to mess with me just know that you are facing a war. And not just mentally, physically and emotionally; but spiritually. I am protected by the King if I have faith, and I do have faith, and trust in the Lord. And know that this war is a war you cannot win. YOU CANNOT WIN. God has already won the war and therefore I have already won the war.
Truly and with all sincerity,
__________________________."

Additional Information:
Please do not use this declaration type thing somewhere else (except for personal use, like in your diary)without permission from me. I am fine with it if you want to use it on your blog, but ONLY if you ask me first. Thank you. Also, I did make both pictures, but I got the idea for the #WAR one from a special service our church did for Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...