Monday, July 6, 2015

The Blood Stained Red at the Battle Of Carthage, 1861.

I would like to pay honor to the people who fought and died at the battle of Carthage Missouri. The battle of Carthage took place yesterday, 154 years ago.
I wrote this yesterday but I did not get it published. I am sorry about that.
The blood stained red.
But Col. Sigel and Gov. Jackson, still led,
Their soldiers who fought so bold,
But the Missouri State Guard was to much to behold.
By Gov. Jackson this battle was won,
But the Civil War was long from done.
For years many hearts would be pierced by the stain of blood,
Many would think of their loved ones, fighting, with clarity as thick as mud.
But the year was only 1861,
And it seemed every boy and man held a gun.

 For more information about the Battle Of Carthage, click this link.
Here is a video of pictures from a reenactment some people did years ago.





Monday
Mom's the Word - Good Morning Monday 
Modest Mondays  The Art of Homemaking   -  Living Proverbs 31 -  Soul Survival -  Mama Moments Monday -  Literacy Musing Mondays

6 comments:

  1. Looks like an interesting and meaningful battle and place to visit, Amy. Thanks for sharing this today!

    I came over on the #MondaysatSoulSurvivor link up today, and I'm glad to find your site.

    I also followed you on Pinterest today.
    Blessings,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitly worth a visit. Thanks for following me! Have a great day.

      Delete
  2. That's interesting Amy. I loved the poem. Good job! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Amy for sharing this post with us at Good Morning Mondays. It was interesting to read about this battle and although we don't really study the Civil War in Australia it always interesting to read about different battles in history and why they were fought. Thanks again and blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Terri, you should keep that interest! I want to thank you for reading my blog!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...