Wednesday, July 15, 2015

God Had Something Different In Mind...

Proverbs 19:23
"The fear of the Lord leads to life, and he who has it will abide in satisfaction; he will not be visited with evil."


We all need the fear of the Lord.
Read about God, and maybe like me, you will find his lion side as well as his lamb side. And through knowing him, your relationship will be amazing. Don't pass this up!
Have you ever been best friends with someone you did not know a ton about? No.
Then why are you not trying to find out about God?
It took awhile for me to be hungry, but now I want to know more and more about who God really is, not just who I think He is. I need to share personally how this happened to me.

Teen Talent was coming up. It was my first year, and I love to dance. So I started looking for a song, and selected What Do I Know of Holy?, by Addison Road, because it sounded pretty. I was fine with it until I bought it. When I was continuing creating my dance, I realized I had NO IDEA what this song was about, and honestly I felt guilty when I heard it sometimes. I thought it was making me question my relationship with God, and in a way it was. I ended up asking God if I should still do it just in case someone in the audience needed it.
So I chose to be a vessel. But God chose something else.

The night before Teen Talent, everyone involved came to a service held at the church we were going to be performing at. At first it was normal, and we were all praising God. But then God intervened in the service stronger than I have ever experienced. They had an alter call, and I went up. I was pouring my heart out to God.

QUICK NOTE: This does not happen to me normally. This was the holy spirit in me.
Then it happened. I knew what the song was about!
It did make me question our (God and I) relationship. But in a good way, one that I could learn from. I noticed that I did not have a secure relationship with God, because I was doing all the talking, and He seemed to be mute with me. I had not even tried sign language (Representing: Saying something and waiting for a response through the Bible, a book, or a sign),  because I did not understand. Honestly, I had thrift store faith. Old faith I had inherited through someone else, not truly my own.

The words helped me because I realized how little I really knew about God's character. Who He Was, Is, and always Will be. I always looked at Him as a lamb. When I looked at the cross, I saw a lamb being hauled to the slaughter for the ultimate sacrifice, but then being raised again. I should have seen a holy lamb being beaten and bruised for me and being nailed to the altar for my transgressions and my evil thoughts. And then dying on the altar as the ultimate sacrifice so I won't have to die. Then being raised from the dead roaring like a lion--defeating the grave with victory and love.
So I decided I was going to find out more of who God was, because What Do I Know of Holy?

So the song for someone else was really a song for me. That is God for you, He makes the plans. Not us. But~His thoughts are higher than my thoughts, and His ways are higher than my ways~thanks be to God who always causes us to triumph in His name, thanks be to God, thanks be to God!~ He has overcome!

This is my dance:
My actual performance, which is a lot better, is not uploaded to Youtube yet, so my computer cannot process it yet. So when I get it uploaded I will put it on here!
Have a great week. I encourage you to find out more of who God really is, not just who you think He is.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Amy! Visit crazygodgirls.blogspot.com to enter a giveaway and leave a blog comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! I watched your dance, it was beautiful! :)

    Just wanted to let you know that I tagged you for the Sisterhood Award. You can check it out on my blog here: http://countingyourblessingsonebyone.blogspot.ca/2015/07/sisterhood-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Great post, Amy! It really helped me. :) I admire your honesty. :) thanks so much!
    I nominated you for the sisterhood of the world bloggers award. You can see the post on my blog here:
    http://fireflysstoryspace.blogspot.com/2015/07/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-awardtimes.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...