Saturday, January 10, 2015

Questions of Forgiveness

I recently got a comment from a girl on my post Your Future, she asked about forgiveness, and I have been wanting to write about this, so this is what she said, and this is my answer.

The question:
How can I know for sure that
God has forgiven me. I have ask for forgiveness several times but I am so unsure that He has forgiven me. Can you help me?

My answer:
I have gone through the same exact thing a few months ago. Anyway, I did not know for sure that I was forgiven for the things I did either, but soon I found what I was looking for. I call it The Four Steps To Forgiveness. 
1. Recognize your sin as a sin.
2. Ask God to forgive you.
Let me explain. God is an all-forgiving God. The moment you ask for forgiveness, He forgives you! He forgave you when He died on the cross, and if you asked for it, you ARE forgiven now! Now, I have found it easier to believe that I am forgiven if right after I ask, I wait a moment--take a deep breath if you want--and say, "Thank you God". Because even if you can't actually hear Him, He forgave you. 
3. Ask forgiveness of the people you either did the sin with or against, or people who might have been affected by what you did. 
This is a hard one. It one of the hardest for me, but I asked God to help me, and He did. 
4. Forgive yourself. 
YES! Here is the answer to the question you asked: you have not forgiven yourself yet. You see, Satan is throwing darts of guilt at you. That is the ONLY weapon he has, or ever will have. You will never feel forgiven if you never forgive yourself, even if you are forgiven. So every time you feel like you are not forgiven say- out loud if you have to- "I am forgiven! And I forgive myself".
That is how you are forgiven. I hope this helped you. You are forgiven sister, but now is the time to claim our forgiveness. I even struggle with this sometimes, all Christians do. The only power Satan has, is the power we allow him.

I hope this has helped you on your journey!
You are forgiven!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...