Wednesday, December 31, 2014

It's Not a "New Year's Resolution" It's a Habit.

Everyone knows that there are new year resolutions, and most of them fail.

The key is, don't think of whatever your doing as a new year resolution. Think of it as a habit you are forming. I usually hate commitment, but if you think of it as a habit--like brushing your teeth--it's not so bad after all.

My habits I want to start:

  • Make space for my sewing machine...somewhere.
  • Learn more on the piano.
  • Keep my room clean and work on making it better.
  • Write in my journal more.
  • Start, and work on My Faith Notebook journal.
Now I bet you are wondering what a Faith Notebook is, so here is the link: I got the idea from a lady's blog.
What are yours goals?
Don't think of them as resolutions that are going to fail, but as a habit.

So don't be afraid of losing your goal halfway through January. Make it a habit or commitment, don't just say, "Oh! There goes that new years resolution! Uh oh! To bad, not trying that again," because honestly--us humans--we are lazy. Now maybe not everybody in this area, but everyone has something they don't want to do.
We won't get up and do something about it!
I heard on KLOVE radio that it takes only 30 days to form a habit.
So let's do it! Let's do something for a change.
This is a bible verse that might help you with this time of making habits:



Shared:
Wednesday-  
Wholehearted Wednesdays - So Much at Home  - A Little R & R 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...