Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Are We Truly Following Him?

Do not be afraid to stand up for Christ, because it is better (and we get a reward in heaven, and we all love rewards) than being popular and noticed by others. Tell others about your faith and the one true God who saves. It is our duty as a Christian.



This is a quote from a good book I am reading, Do Hard Things (Alex and Brett Harris).
"She knew that she wasn't called to follow Jesus only when she'd get pats on the back for it, she was called to follow Him even when it hurt. And if she wasn't ready top follow Him even when it hurt, she wasn't ready to follow Him at all."
People all over the world are being beaten up, thrown out, killed, and tortured for Jesus; and we won't even risk being unpopular, or standing out in the crowd? Matthew 10:22 says, "And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. But he who endures to the end, will be saved."

Matthew 10:32-33
"32 Therefore whoever confesses Me before men I also will confess before my father who is in heaven. 33 But whoever denies me before men, him I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven."

Matthew 10:38-40
"39 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me, is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will loose hit and he who loses his life for My sake will find it. 40 He who receives you receives me, and he who receives Me receives Him who sent Me."

What is Christianity anyway?
The Websters dictionary gives us a definition: "The religion of Christians or the system of doctrines and precepts taught by Christ and recorded by the evangelists and apostles."
So this says we are supposed to do what Christ told us to do, and put the biblical teachings of the bible to action. Are we?

I advise reading the bible in a new way. Through the eyes of a follower... a follower of the author---God.


All the Bible verses I used were from Matthew 10. NKJV.

Thursday
This Week in My Kitchen -  Home and Garden Thursday I Choose Joy -  Imparting Grace - Hearts for Home Thursdays - All Things Thursday  Share Your Cup Thursday Serving Joyfully   - Shine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...