Monday, March 24, 2014

Be on Fire or Burn?

     In 2012, I wrote a blog post over two weeks. It was titled Be on Fire or Burn?
I later lost the document on the computer by somehow deleting it. I was really mad, sad, and disappointed. Even when I tried to rewrite it, I couldn't get it as good as I had before.
I learned one of my biggest life lessons from God that day. You can never rewrite your past. You can't change your previous actions. And you cannot relive your life. I accepted that, and I let it go. When I originally wrote it, I wrote it as a blog post. I was writing to my readers. But later, after I lost it, I noticed God was talking to me. I am now fine with my loss, because I learned so much and gained so much from it.
But towards the end of 2013, I was wondering if I could write something like it again. I decided not to try to replace it though. I have written Be on Fire or Burn many times, but it never really made sense.
     This is my final attempt to rewrite it. And even if this is not as good as it used to be, I am happy with it. I hope it all makes sense to you, as it does to me.


Be on Fire or Burn?
March 20, 2014

In Be on Fire or Burn, your candle, is representing your life.

Life is like a candle.
     When you are born, your candle is white. You have no sin yet. Over your first years, your candle turns green. You are growing, and learning, but don't know how to have faith in God yet. As you get older, you start to understand more of the world, and of God. Then Satan tries to mess you up. Tries to destroy your candle completely. At this point in your life, you know who God is, you surrender to God and he turns you white again.
But then you have doubts. And now you start to give into Satan a little at a time. You start forgetting about God, pushing him out of your life. Your candle soon turns a off-white. Then a tan color. Light brown, dark brown, and before you know it, you have completely surrendered to Satan. You are the darkest black you have ever imagined. Your life is sinful and dark. You start to regret what you have done, you can't find a way out. The only door you see is to go deeper. You walk towards it. You are now standing in the doorway—but then someone calls your name—you look back. Jesus is reaching out his hand. You stare at him in wonder, then at the door. Your candle is now gray. Half of you wants Jesus, and forgiveness, and half of you wants to follow Satan, and sin.
You take a hold of Jesus's hand. You start to drift to him. Satan grabs your arm with such a force, you stumble and fall. You now have to make a choice.
You pick Jesus.

     You break free from Satan's grasp. It feels good. But you're not done yet. You shut the door leading deeper into sin, and follow Jesus.
Jesus hugs you and says, "My child, I am the Candle Lighter. I will use you to reach the world with my holy fire. You will be a light to this world."
The Candle Lighter, Jesus, washes your candle in red wax. He then dries you off. Your candle is whiter than snow. You smile bigger than ever.
He reaches down, and lights your candle. You realize, "This is the true God. The Candle Lighter."

     You suddenly want to reach out to the lost, broken, and black candles, to the ones who don't know the Candle Lighter like you do.  But Satan has not given up on you completely, he uses all the wind he can to try to blow out your candle, and win you over again. Sometimes your candle blows out. But then the Candle Lighter relights it for you. You keep shining.

     Satan wants to take your candle away, confuse you, and make you think you don't have time for God anymore. If you give in, your light is blown out, and your candle becomes shorter and shorter, your life runs out of time, and your candle is used up, (your earthly life dies) with Satan as your god.  As soon as your candle dies out, Satan denies all the delicious lies he fed you on earth. He takes your candle and throws it into the eternal fire of hell. Where you will never stop burning, and suffering, and you will never truly die.

     But if you hold on to your faith in God, when Satan tries to blow you out, you just shine brighter. The Candle Lighter lights you with a fire, to burn for him. But this fire is holy so you would not suffer like in hell. Instead, it will give you joy, peace, and faith in him. So then, when your candle dies out, you don't die. Your candle dies, but your soul does not. The Candle Lighter takes you to heaven, where he gives you a limit to its life and is whiter than white. He will also give you a new name.
     It is completely your choice.

8 comments:

  1. i have a question, I heard a preacher say that if you take the name of God in vain- you will go to hell. so does this mean sinners can't come to God for salvation?
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! You can always come to God for redemption. If your truly sorry. 'Cause God sent Jesus to die for our sins. Including taking his name in vain. Wether its you or someone else, if you apologize with all your heart and try not to do it again, he will forgive you and save you from hell. He loves us. With all his heart he wants us to give up our evil ways and follow him. He loved us before we even loved him. We did not choose God first. He chose us first.
      He wants us to chose him.
      I hope this answers your question.
      Amy
      P.S. yes, I am 12 years old.

      Delete
  2. Dear Sue,

    I'm Amy's mom, Laura Lane. I thought I'd answer this comment for her, because she's twelve. She might decide to answer as well.

    Sinners can come to God for salvation. The Bible says that we have all sinned and fallen short of God's will for us. God loves us so much, He sent Jesus while we were all yet sinners to die for us. Jesus bridges the gap that sin made between us and God. 1 John 1:19 says, "If we confess our sins, He (God) is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

    God is not willing that one should perish. Romans 10:9-10 states, "If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved."

    "Father God, I pray that You will reveal Your truth to Sue in all things. I pray that you will meet her right where she is and bring forth salvation whether in Sue or in loved ones that she may be praying for. I ask it in Jesus' Name, Amen."

    May God bless you, Sue. You may reach me through my blog, Harvest Lane Cottage, if you would like.

    Laura Lane
    http://harvestlanecottage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, such very wise words! I also love the lesson you learned when you lost the first manuscript. I pray that we will all be on fire for the Lord! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue.
      Believe it or not, I actually was not planning on writing this back into a blogpost for everyone to see, this last time I tried it. I actually worked on it for extra LA credit! Anyway, I found it worth sharing. I am happy that you enjoyed it.
      Amy

      Delete
  4. Thank you Amy, I didn't know you're only 12 . You and the others have really helped me.
    God bless you all!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy: Living In Faith And FunMay 13, 2014 at 4:34 PM

      God bless you too!!!!!!!!
      -Amy

      Delete
  5. Anonymous said...
    Laura
    It's taking me awhile to get back to you but I want you to know
    because of your answer on your daugthers blog that I have given my life to Jesus. I was raised in a family were cursing and taking God's name was the norm. I can't thank you enough. May God bless you!!!
    Sue

    APRIL 17, 2014 AT 10:48 AM
    Laura Lane said...
    Sue,
    Nothing could make me happier right now than your new life. I am so very happy for you. I grew up in the same kind of family. I'm so honored that you told me. May God bless you!

    I suggest that you begin reading the book of John in the New Testament of the Bible. It's all about Jesus and God's love for you. Ask around and find a Bible teaching church. Pray, God will show you where to go to find support in your journey with Jesus.

    Welcome to the Family of God!
    Love hugs to you Sister!

    Laura
    lane dot family @ yahoo dot com

    Amy's super happy, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I always want to know what you think, and I will do my best to answer your questions accordingly. Please keep all comments appropriate and nice. Thank you!
Some comments may not be published.

IF YOU CHECK BACK ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU MIGHT SEE A REPLY FROM ME (Amy)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...